SCORE has been mentoring new and existing businesses for over 40 years and has a nation-wide network of over 13,000 volunteers who donate their time to help entrepreneurs. More than thirty five SCORE Mentors, all local business veterans, are ready to assist small businesses and their operators throughout Northern Michigan.
There are three ways to put yourself face-to-face with a knowledgeable volunteer SCORE Counselor:
- The quickest way to arrange a specific time and day for counseling is to use the Online Self-Scheduler to make an appointment. Simply click Schedule a Meeting and choose the date and time that you prefer from among those available. You’ll soon receive an e-mail message from SCORE confirming your appointment*.
- Many find it convenient to contact SCORE by telephone. Dial (888) 796-4913 and leave your name, phone number and a convenient time that you may be reached and a SCORE Mentor will contact you.
- If all else fails, send an e-mail to SCORE to request an appointment. Include your name, your phone number, business subject that you’d like to discuss, and indicate a preferred time on a Wednesday, Thursday, Friday or Saturday that would be convenient for you. A SCORE Mentor will contact you to confirm the time, date and place*.
* SCORE Mentoring appointments are available at the following places and days:
- The SCORE office at the Traverse City Area Chamber of Commerce, 202 E. Grandview Parkway in Traverse City, on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays (AM).
- The Traverse Area District Public Library, 610 Woodmere Avenue in Traverse City, on Saturday mornings.
Other dates, times and places may be scheduled by appointment.